John Robert Powers - Hank Ritter in Sacramento is a Fraud

Issue not resolved
Aug 28, 2009
review #156068

John Robert Powers in the Sacramento and Roseville, Ca locations are fraudulently ripping off local consumers on a daily basis. My very close friend's daughter was taken for over 5000 dollars which in turn John Robert Powers provided her nothing in return for the amount of money they STOLE from her and her family.

The manager by the name of Hank Ritter assured them that this was a legitimate acting and modeling school but after further investigation and a thorough background check we have discovered that the man by the name of Hank Ritter who claims to be an expert in his field of modeling and acting was formerly employed as a grocery checker for the past 20 years.

My friend was also informed by Mr. Ritter that he was personally responsible for the success of Josh Duhamel and he was a student at the Sacramento location of John Robert Powers. Turns out this was a complete fabrication as Josh Duhamel was NEVER a student at JRP and following is from his official Bio as to how he was truly discovered:

When Josh was 26 years old, he worked in the construction business and it was by sheer luck that he got into the celebrity business. Josh was with his ex-girlfriend and a scout from a modeling agency in San Francisco asked him if he would be interested in modeling. Josh couldn't believe what had happened but, after realizing it was real, he decided to think about the offer. A few days later, Josh was accepted and he did a lot of commercial work, even beating out fellow model Ashton Kutcher for a place as a top model.

As you can see Josh Duhamel was discovered in San Francisco and not walking through Hank Ritter's grocery line. John Robert Powers is a complete scam which is being investigated by the Attorney General and they are a company who has zero integrity and rips people off daily. How they are able to look at themselves in the rear view mirrors of the Mercedes they are driving purchased with your hard earned money I will never know.

They are a disgrace which will eventually be shut down as you can see by all the reports but the countless children and their families who have lost thousands will continue to be their victims until this comes to pass. Do NOT fall for this cheating and lying company. You will be sorry.

be6a0f8
Had an experience with John Robert Powers?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
user5229

Jul 01

You should check your facts.... about Josh...

0 0 Reply
im gonna try and get into JRP

Jul 11, 2013 Elk Grove, California

It is real its not a rip off my sister was in it when she was young and they got her an audition for a Pepsi commercial that my sister sadly didn't want to do so we declined but still they helped her get there oh and my older brother got an audition to model for JC penny so its real

Mother of actress

Oct 29, 2012

It takes money to make money in this industry. It costs money to travel to the auditions, pay for profile photos, acting classes are expensive everywhere, and casting websites cost money to submit and upload you pictures, etc. But even when you have a talent agent submitting you to auditions, you still need to take care of these expenses. You have to be committed, dedicated, and be able to part for all these expenses. You as a parent or a student shouldn't blame no one else but yourself if you cannot are not committed and don't work hard to acquire the skills.

Mother of actress

Oct 29, 2012

JRP might be expensive and the classes might not be the greatest, but one thing it did do was help my child get a chance to audition and expose herself to real big talent agencies from LA. They usually already have so many talents that if you try emailing them yourselves, you get less of a chance cause you go right into the spam mail. My daughter is now represented by two agencies; one for northern cali and one for southern cali. She has done 10 commercials so far. It all started with the JRP program. They don't have the best acting classes, but I don't feel they art a ripoff. It does cost $300 to go to a 1 day seminar in LA to be able to meet casting directors. JRP is giving you a chance to audition to talent agencies. Plus any acting classes are expensive. Trust me, their prices are reasonable if you know the industry.

RosieB hater

Jul 09, 2011

I guess this is an old string, but I can tell you that JRP is still hard at it. Trying to rip people off with lies and worst of all, by getting children's hopes up.

Jun 15, 2011

Well excuse me, but the comment under this one is a lie. We do NOT get paid to do this! We do it so that if parents want a nice acting experience, they get it! Gosh people! You guys need to stop this negative *** about JRP! You know what I think? You people are getting paid by another competitive acting company to make people believe they are a scam! Well let me tell you something! You people are horrible! You guys are probably a scam! And yes, if you notice the date, I check this page almost every day to check and see if there are any ***-bums going through this page! John Robert Powers is awesome! :) :grin ;) 8) :) :grin 8)

Rachel

Jun 14, 2011

Hello. I went to the JRP in roseville. As a teenager, I could even tell it was a ripoff. They tell you all this *** that isnt true just to get you to pay them. The worst part is, there 1,000 dollar acting classes are HORRIBLE. They taught me NOTHING. I learned more in my high school beginners drama class. The teachers don't know anything! All of these good reports are from people who work for the company that get paid to right these reports. Any parent thinking about or currently with jrp: ITS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL SCAM. No one has gotten famous from them and they literally pay actors to say they did. They tell everyone they have talent and can be something so they will all pay. DONT WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON THIS. please. Im telling you this because I don't want you to go through what i did.

1 0 Reply

Jun 14, 2011

OMG! This is a good day! Almost no rude comments about JRP! I thought it would never end! Yeesh! :grin 8)!!! All you people who are going to do this, read these comments! Because if you don't you are going to ruin a great opportunity for your child! Alright. First thing you have to know is that JRP is worth it, so that is why it is expensive. It's not unlike anything else in acting. You have to pay in almost anything you do these days! So why get mad over it with JRP!
I know I have left a lot of comments, but they are to help you get a feel of what people are not thinking straight. Please read our comments. They will help you in your experience with this place. It is amazing! Thanks for listening! :grin :)

Pam

Mar 28, 2011

:( Bull *** if this isn't a scam. We almost fell for it and left the second audition and they wanted a answer right then. We told Angelica to give us an hour and we would call her with our decision. No answer and no mailbox. After we got away from the high pressure sales. After that we did a investigation... SO sad that people could be sooo heartless.... :sigh

1 0 Reply

Mar 26, 2011

Hi again! Okay, so I was reading through some of the comments, and some people are noting that they supposedly "used to work for John Robert Powers" and are saying rude things about it. :p, to you guys! Secondly, I want you guys to listen to me, this so called report I have found out, is probably from someone who was fired from JRP! Gosh, you guys have no right to do that! :( ! So, I'm just being cool about this, 8), but read the comments before you make you're decision! Bye! Love ya guys! :grin

Feb 01, 2011

By the way, it's me again and what you're writing is BULLCRAP!!!! Stop saying things that aren't true! Just shut up about Hank Ritter and Kim Flowers and this negative ***!!! Just shut up about it all!!!! :cry :( :upset :(

maddie

Jan 14, 2011

no he is not a ripoff he is just trying to help u :cry :upset :sigh :( :x

Dec 09, 2010

Hank Ritter is not a fraud at all! I live in Reno and I heard the JRP ad on the radio- KBULL98.1- and I went to the auditions and made it! I got accepted into the CAREER program and I'm only 11! It did cost my family a small fortune but we did it! Now I am taking classes and meeting up with agents every 5 weeks. You people are probably the ones who didn't make it you ***-bums! Don't say another rotten thing about JRP please! I'm on my way to an excellent career! Your child just has to be DEDICATED! Kim Flowers is an amazing person and so is lovely Hank. JRP is one of the best places to go and I'm having an amazing time. :) thanks Hank. :) :grin

0 1 Reply
Lilazn

Jan 12, 2013 Daly City, California

My one and only question after two years from your post is...Is JRP getting you anywhere now? LOL!! I am so sorry, But I also attended JRP in San Rafael, CA when I was 16 back in 2007. WASTE OF MONEY! WASTE OF TIME! We played hide and go seek for our acting class...like seriously? And the agents that you see every week who is suppose to evaluate your auditions, are nothing but random people they find to come in and play the part. The reason why I say this is because me and a fellow of my classmates got sick of the class, so we were wondering near the audition area. Guess what? We found a stack of our photos equipped with the same days audition's feedback, only to find that there were no actual critiques on whether we did good or bad. Instead, each and every single one of them has nothing but a "HA" across all our photos. From that day on.. I stopped going and my parents at the time paid for 3 years worth of classes totaling $18,000. There goes my new car at the age of 16!! Save your money for a more legit acting school in LA or even New York!

LiLazn

Jan 12, 2013 Daly City, California

I also attended JRP in San Rafael, CA when I was 16 back in 2007. WASTE OF MONEY! WASTE OF TIME! We played hide and go seek for our acting class...like seriously? And the agents that you see every week who is suppose to evaluate your auditions, are nothing but random people they find to come in and play the part. The reason why I say this is because me and a fellow of my classmates got sick of the class, so we were wondering near the audition area. Guess what? We found a stack of our photos equipped with the same days audition's feedback, only to find that there were no actual critiques on whether we did good or bad. Instead, each and every single one of them has nothing but a "HA" across all our photos. From that day on.. I stopped going and my parents at the time paid for 3 years worth of classes totaling $18,000. There goes my new car at the age of 16!! Okay..lets say it is relatively true that you must invest on certain expenses for your journey of becoming a star...but Save your money for a more legit acting school in LA or even New York who actually teaches you the fundamentals of authentic acting...and not playing hide and go seek just because everyone in the class (Except me) are age 12 and younger...SERIOUSLY!

Previous Employee

Dec 09, 2010

I worked for Hank and JRP and he was an amazing employer. I also know for a fact that he DID help Josh Duhamel with his career. Josh was a guest speaker at a convention called IPOP and HE sought Hank out to say hello to him at the event. I know that neither Hank or his staff ever promises that a child is going to be a star. What they do promise is the training an opportunity to audition for agents in the industry. If Hank and JRP are so horrible and such frauds why is it that they have a huge amount of kids that went on to not only work but some of them are now on some of the biggest shows and movies out there? I know Hank runs a very honest and great company and if they child didn't "make" it it's no ones fault, especially not Hank or JRP. A HUGE amount of people try to make it in show business and fail, do you see them blaming their colleges? Yeah, I'm sure Julliard takes those complaints all the time....

Happy JRP Client

Nov 17, 2010

I attend JRP in Sacramento, and I am VERY happy with the experience. I recently had a job and the person who hired me wasn't going to pay and Hank made sure that person payed me. That does not sound like a fraud to me. Because of Hank and JRP I have discovered my self and grown up.

?

Nov 10, 2010

i dont think hank or jrp is a fraud i think people just have to go for what they beleve in and stick to there goles u can be what u want to be ethier its an actor or a moddle or a singer i went to jrp audtion this year and hank said i pick people i think who can become some thing in the entertainment.... my friend also got chosen and she already ben to audtions they are not a rip off i dnt think people would lie i dnt beleve this **************** :)

ginnie hidalgo

Aug 09, 2010

we are having a great experience and are continuing too with jrp. We love Hank Trisha Alyssa and have signed with an agent all thanks to them and their support. Thank you JRP SACRAMENTO!

maddog

Jul 06, 2010

Wow! its funny how people just assume things!Most of you dont know anything about the entertainemnt industry and especially the idiots who talk out of their @$#%# thinking they know anything about being successful. BTW! Most actors and models worked mindless jobs and struggling before ethey hit it big!Yes Hank was a checker! So waht! He had model/photography business while he was a checker. A successful buisness BTW! Hank has an eyeon what it takes to be a in the entertainment industry! News flash...NOT EVERYONE MAKES IT IN THE BUSINESS! I did meet Hank and have a been a good friend for a long time. He found me and asked to take some modeling shots! Well i eneded up working a ton for Macy's and NOrdtrom then worked for 10 years in Europe modeling making very good money and traveling the world for free. While your were probably changing oil at Jiffy lube *** about it! Hanks has found numerous kids and adults working all over the world! Not bad for a checker huh. I LOVE naive!!!!

1-20 of 43 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.